IN THIS LIFE By DELTA GOODREM








IN THIS LIFEBy DELTA GOODREM


I was nurtured I was sheltered
I was curious and young
I was
searching for that something
Trying to find it on the run
Oh and just
when I stopped looking
I saw just how far I'd come
In this life
In
this life
[Chorus]
You give me love
You give me light
Show me
everything that's been happening
I've opened up my eyes
Following
Three
steps fight an honest fight
Two hearts that can start a fire
One love
is all I need
In this life
I have faltered I have stumbled
I have
found my feet again
I've been angry I've been shaken
Found a new place
to begin
My persistence to make a difference
Has led me safe into your
hands
In this life
In this life
[Chorus]
I was put here for
a reason
I was born into this world
And I'm living and I'm believing
I
was meant to be your girl
In this life
[Chorus]






1.
Listen to the song and tick the words that you hear:

angry
begin
believing
curious
difference
everything
far
feet
following
girl
hands
light
looking
love
need
place
reason
steps
young
world

2.

Listen to the first part of the song and fill
in the gaps with the missing words from the box below:

come,
find, searching, stopped, young

I was
nurtured I was sheltered
I was curious and _____________
I was ______________
for that something
Trying to ______________ it on the run
Oh and just
when I ______________ looking
I saw just how far I'd ____________
In this
life
In this life
3. Now, listen
to the CHORUS of the song and number the lines in order on the right column:


a.
Show me everything that's been happening.
b. Three steps fight an honest fight
c.
In this life
d. Following
e. I've opened my eyes
f. You give me light
g.
Two hearts that can start a fire
h. You give me love
i. One love is all
I need
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.

4.
Listen to the second part of the song and match the halves.

a.
Has led me safe….
b. I have found…
c. In this …
d. Found
a new…
e. I've been angry…
f. My persistence to…
g. I
have faltered…
h. In…..
1.

……I have stumbled
2. ……this life
3……. I've
been shaken
4. …… life
5……make a difference
6……
to your hands
7. …… my feet again.
8…….. place to begin.




5. Listen to the third part of the
song. Correct the mistakes.

I was put here for a mission
I was born
into this planet
And I'm living and I'm trusting
I was meant to be your
woman
In this life
6. Complete the grid with the name of correct
verb tense as in the example.

a.
I was searching
Past
Continuous
b.
I saw
c.
I'd come
d.
You give
e.
Show me
f.
Has led
g.
I was put
h.
I'm believing
j.
I have found
k.
To make a difference
l.
everything that's been happening.
m.
I've been shaken

7. Now read
the following article from
Wikipedia about the singer. Answer the questions below.


a. Where was
Delta Goodrem born?
b. How old was she when she signed her first contract?
c.
What was the name of the TV series in which she performed?
d. Until now, how
many CDs has she sold around the world?
e. What is a Hodgkin's Lymphoma?

Watch and enjoy the video

abuiyad