Can't Smile Without You


   
Can't
Smile Without You
Artist: Barry Manilow as sung on
"Greatest Hits"

You know I can't smile without you
I
can't smile without you
I can't laugh and I can't sing
I'm finding it
hard to do anything
You see I feel sad when you're sad
I feel glad when
you're glad
If you only knew what I'm going through
I just can't smile
without you
You came along just like a song
And brightened my day


Who'da believed that you were part of a dream? ("who would have believed…")

Now it all seems light years away
And now you know I can't smile without
you
I can't smile without you
I can't laugh and I can't sing
I'm finding
it hard to do anything
You see, I feel sad when you're sad
I feel glad
when you're glad
If you only knew what I'm going through
I just can't
smile without you
Now some people say happiness takes so very long to find


Well I'm finding it hard leaving your love behind me
And you see I can't
smile without you
I can't smile without you
I can't laugh and I can't
sing
I'm finding it hard to do anything
You see I feel glad when you're
glad
I feel sad when you're sad
If you only knew what I'm going through

I just can't smile without you...





1.
Listen to the song and fill in the blanks. The first letter is given.

You
know I can't s………….. without you
I can't s…………
without you
I can't l………… and I can't s…..
I'm
finding it h………. to do anything

You see I feel s………

when you're s………
I feel g……….. when you're g………

If you only k…………. what I'm going th………….

I just can't s…………… without you
You came a…………
just like a s………..
And brightened my d………


Who'da believed that you were part of a d…………("who would
have believed…")
Now it all s………… light years
away
And now you know I can't s………. without you
I can't
s………… without you
I can't l………… and
I can't s…………
I'm finding it h………. to do
anything
You see, I feel s…….. when you're s……….


I feel g……….. when you're g………
If you only k………..
what I'm going th………..
I just can't s………….
without you
Now some people s……. happiness takes so very long
to find
Well I'm finding it h………. leaving your love behind
me
And you see I can't s……….. without you
I can't s………

without you
I can't l………. and I can't sing
I'm finding
it h……… to do anything
You see I feel g…….. when
you're g………
I feel s…….. when you're s……….

If you only k……… what I'm going th………
I just
can't s………. without you.

2.Practise
Pronunciation of phoneme /a:/ with the following words by repeating them over
and over again:

can't
- laugh - hard - part -



3.
Practise Pronunciation of phoneme /æ/ with the following words by repeating
them over and over again:

sad - glad - happiness



4. Practise
Pronunciation of phoneme /i:/ with the following words by repeating them over
and over again:

see - feel - dream - believed -
seems - people - me -



5.
Explain difficult vocabulary and difficult expressions such as
"who
would have believed…"


6.
Sing along all together again. Enjoy it!





abuiyad